Thursday, March 17, 2016

Wed-Thursday two-fer post



Greetings, all!

I'm combining two days into one, as we spent both Wednesday and Thursday in the city of Zaragoza. Here's how it went down:

Wednesday we all met at the Juan de Lanuza school to start our day, and quickly headed off to see a theatrical adaptation of the 1499 tragicomedy "La Celestina". This is one of the great works of Spanish literature, and marked Spain's entrance into the Renaissance when it was published. The actors were terrific and the production very professional. I asked the students what they got out of it, and Ellie Bailey pretty much gave me a perfect summary of the story! Kind-of-like a Romeo & Juliet meets the wicked witch, where everyone dies in the end (sorry, I should have said "SPOILER ALERT").

Then back to school, and home with hosts for the night.

Thursday was one of my favorite days of the trip- a full-day walk around in Zaragoza. I call it my "walk down memory lane", as I took the students to all of my favorite places in the city (including the very best ice cream in the world- just ask the students when they get home!). We visited churches, shopping areas, roman ruins, chocolate stores, parks, plazas, and a nice restaurant for a big group meal. I don't think I've said it yet, but this is a wonderful group of kids. They are interested, interesting, open, friendly, they want to see and do everything...I would travel with them anytime!

Here's what today looked like from my camera lens:















1 comment:

  1. Ah, but did you take them to the best paper goods store in Zaragoza?!

    ReplyDelete